- 2 to 3 tablespoons [30 to 45 mL] sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] sake, water or light white wine
- 1 teaspoon [5 mL] freshly grated ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon [2.5 mL] salt
- 2 pounds [1 kg] fish [any]
- 1/2 cup [125 mL] green onion, minced
- 3 teaspoons [15 mL] vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] freshly ground pepper
- Freshly roasted sesame seeds
Transfer sesame seeds into a small bowl; pour in vegetable oil.
Brown in microwave for 1 to 2 minutes on ‘MAXIMUM’, stirring 3 times.
Pour sake, water or light wine in a large enough dish, pour sake; mix in grated gingerroot and salt.
Cover and microwave for 5 minutes on ‘MEDIUM’. to enhance the delicate flavor of gingerroot.
Add fish to hot liquid; sprinkle fish fish 3 or 4 times with hot liquid.
Cover dish; microwave for 5 to 7 minutes, according to the fish, on ‘MEDIUM-MAXIMUM’.
Check for doneness with a fork: if fish flesh is easily broken-up, it is ready.
Leave to rest, covered, while making sauce.
Pour sauce over cooked fish.
Serve, sprinkled with minced green onion.
In a bowl, mix together vegetable oil, soy sauce, freshly ground pepper and reserved roasted sesame seeds.
Microwave for 40 seconds on ‘MAXIMUM’.