Ingredients For The Dish:
- 1/2 pound [227 g] haddock fillets, freshly thawed
- 1/2 pound [227 g] fresh or thawed salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] soy sauce
- 1/4 cup [60 mL] vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons [30 mL] sherry or sake wine
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon [1 mL] ginger
- 1 tablespoon [15 mL] brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons [7.5 mL] grated orange rind
- Vegetable oil
Cut haddock and salmon fillets into large chunks or strips; transfer into a bowl.
Into a jar, vigourously shake together soy sauce, vegetable oil, sherry or sake [rice wine], crushed garlic clove, ginger, brown sugar and grated orange rind.
Pour marinade over fish pieces.
Marinate for 3 hours, refrigerated or, 1 hour at room temperature, turning fish pieces once while marinating.
Thread fish pieces onto oiled skewers.
Barbecue, 4 inches [10 cm] from the flame, for 2 minutes.
Brush skewers with marinade; turn skewers.
Barbecue for 2 to 3 minutes more, until the flesh has turned opaque and can easily be broken-up with a fork.