- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 cup fresh mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and salt to taste
- 1/4 cup reserved fresh pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 4 6-8 ounce Swordfish
1. In a glass bowl, combine pineapple, bell pepper, green onion, jalapeno, cilantro, vinegar, olive oil, and salt to taste.
Chill 3 hours or up to overnight. Allow to stand at room temperature one hour before serving.
2. Combine pineapple juice, lime juice, thyme, garlic and lime zest. Place fish in shallow glass dish and pour marinade over fish, turning to coat.
Marinade in refrigerator, 3 hours, turning once.
3. Pre-heat grill to medium.
Grill swordfish about 5 minutes per side or 10 minutes per inch per thickness.
Place on individual serving plates and spoon Tropical Topping over the fish.